Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of work!

After more than two months of vacation, and fabulous vacation at that, I started my new job today.  I was dreading it just a bit because I generally haven't loved my jobs since I finished school, and I was getting used to the non-working life.  Unpack, rest, surf the net, go for a swim, drive around, etc.

But alas, a girl's gotta work, so today I jumped in the car at ten to seven and hit the highway down to my new position which is in Riverton, Utah.  I wasn't sure how long it would take but I was quite glad that it only took 25 minutes door to door.  Most people who I tell that I'm working in Riverton and living downtown tell me that it's a really long commute.  In Toronto a 25 minute commute is like winning the lottery.  I think it's even faster than Steve's commute to the University.  But he gets to walk.

Anyway, my first day went great!  The people seem very friendly, my role at the company is new and exciting (I'm working in a whole new field now), and look at the view of my lunchtime stroll!



Utahns are known for being hard working, and our day goes from 8:30am to 5:00pm.  I watched the clock as 5:00pm approached, excited to get home and tell Steve all about my day.  Nobody made a move to go home.  Instead, we worked until well after 5:30.  What?!  That's crazy talk!  At least the day went by quickly.  Plus, they're under an unusual burden at the moment, so hopefully it's not always like that.  I didn't want to be the first to head home for the night!

I'm feeling good about this job.  It's very exciting to start fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment